Just like our coffee, our food comes from local sources that are important pillars of the community. We have the utmost respect for our local farmers and purveyors who work so diligently to grow the finest produce, bake the sweetest breads and pastries, craft the most delectable sauces and dips, and so much more.
Like so many of you out there, we are frustrated with the presence of harmful ingredients in our food. Preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, GMO’s and other ingredients that present serious threats to our health have no place at The Fish House. We strive for access to healthy food for the entire community and for ample nutrition throughout Mora. You can be sure to find food that meets and far surpasses all of your dietary needs at The Fish House.
We know that it is important to monitor what you put into your body. The Fish House maintains a natural holistic, and health-conscious approach in all of our culinary exploits.
The Fish House is not just a coffee shop, but it is also a great place for a sandwich with fresh ingredients and carefully tailored preparation. Our breakfast sandwiches are light and will give you the energy you need to start your day. We also have cold sandwiches prepared fresh daily ahead of time and packaged so they are ready for you to grab and go or sit down and relax. Our partnership with The Downtown Deli Bread & Honey Pantry gives you the benefit of a great sandwich with fresh ingredients and preparation with care.
Looking for something rich but a little lighter than a sandwich? Our bakery goods are a great choice! We have muffins, cookies, scones, bagels, and many more bakery options. Our bakery goods are made fresh daily by the Mora Bakery, with all locally sourced ingredients and with the community’s health in mind. You can be sure to find the right snack that will complement your coffee or tea flawlessly.
To add another layer to our community-based focus, The Fish House is a marketplace for local food products. While you enjoy your coffee, feel free to scan the endless supply of food products, which all come from local sources. We have a great relationship with all of the vendors that sell products at our shop and we are constantly finding ways to help grow their brand alongside ours. You can find our vendors, their locations, and their specialties listed below:
- Chiquis Chocolates (Pengilly,MN) ~ Chocolate gift boxes, caramel, caramel bites, caramel spread (Illegible on Support Materials PDF)
- Clover Valley Farms (Duluth, MN) ~ Handmade culinary fruit and herb infused vinegars, herb salts, garlic braids, herbal salves, soaps covered in felted wool, other felted wool products
- Coffee and Crumbs (Minneapolis, MN) ~ Four artisan peanut brittle varieties
- Creative Bakery Solutions (Rice, MN) ~ Brownie mixes, muffin mixes, quick breads, cake and cupcake mixes
- Curly Gurlz Candy (Medford, MN) ~ Natural, preservative free fudge, toffee, old-fashioned nut rolls, and more
- Home Town Hummus (Mora, MN) ~ Locally made, handcrafted hummus
- Isadore Nut Company (Minneapolis, MN) ~ 16-ounce glass gift jars of gourmet nuts (First word illegible on Support Materials PDF)
- Linden Mills Spice Company (Minneapolis, MN) ~ Spice blends that make cooking easy and outcomes extraordinary
- Malone’s Simple Syrups (Minneapolis, MN) ~ All natural, gourmet simple syrups for homemade sodas and cocktails
- Paster Bob’s Grillin’ Magic – (Eagle Bend, MN) ~ Steaks, chops, fish, burgers, chicken, baked potatoes, fried potatoes, salads, veggies
- Sacré Sweet (Eden Prairie, MN) ~ Individually packaged grab-and-go chocolate mousse, vanilla panna cotta, and chocolate almond biscotti
- SnappyDog Foods (Woodbury, MN) ~ A Line of 12 salsa flavors, guacamole mix, taco, fajita, and chili seasonings, margarita mixes